Saturday, July 19, 2014


Howdy, Yummies.

Apologies for my lull in posts. I haven't been feeling well lately, and I've barely wanted to eat, let alone cook. I seem to be through the worst of it now and I'm hoping this post is the first of many more to come.

Since my absence from the kitchen resulted in a series of take out dinners, I wanted my resurrection to be something simple, delicious and healthy; hence, this salmon recipe.

As many of you know salmon is full of omega 3 fatty acids (the good fats) not to mention a ton of antioxidants. All good stuff my body needs right now.

Wild salmon is always a better buy than farmed salmon. Farmed salmon, as you can imagine, is pumped full of chemicals. You'll pay more for wild salmon, but not much, I highly recommend upgrading.

A few other healthy ingredients help round out this flavorful dish which I paired with long grain and wild rice and fresh sweet peas. ToddlerBaby couldn't get enough! I was so happy to see him shovel this down. He's a growing boy and the more good stuff he gets the better off his eating habits will be later in life.

YOU WILL NEED
1 lb filet of wild king salmon
4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp of sea salt
3 large orange slices
6 lemon slices
1/2 orange juiced
1/2 lemon juiced

GET COOKIN'

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
  3. Lay two orange slices in the middle of the dish and then four lemon slices next to them.
  4. Lay the salmon skin side down on top of the citrus slices.
  5. Top the salmon with one more tbsp of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt then lay one orange slice and two lemon slices on top of the salmon.
  6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your salmon. I like mine very well done so I cooked it the full 30 minutes.


Thank you all for your patience as I have been on the mend. My Yummies mean the world to me and I hope you bring you more fun and healthy family recipes soon.

xoxo



Tagged: , ,

2 comments:

  1. Megan. The very best thing (or at least in the top 5) about living on the coast again is access to FRESH wild salmon!! I've been inhaling it on everything, in everything, around everything. It's simply divine. And I LOVE how simple your recipe is for it! It's absolute perfection.

    PS. I'm so sorry you're sick - I hope you're starting to feel better. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous of your access to fresh salmon! I try to purchase from reliable stores and as fresh as possible but nothing beats seaside access. Thanks for your concern doll. I'm hoping August is much better.

      Delete