It was a HUGE hit!
So many potato salads taste the same and try to mimic your favorite deli version of this iconic American summertime side dish. In typical fashion, Yumology decided to kick things up a notch. We wanted to incorporate fresh bursts of flavor with rich salty bacon and tart whole grain mustard.
Give this one a shot at your next BBQ and let us know how it turned out.
YOU WILL NEED
3 baked potatoes (make sure you bake them first to soften them)
6 slices of center cut bacon (diced)
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup of sliced green onions
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of sour cream
2 tbsp of whole grain mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice your baked potatoes into bite sized cubes and toss them into a baking dish with your diced bacon.
- Sprinkle the black pepper on top and bake the bacon and potatoes at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the potatoes have browned.
- When the bacon and potatoes are finished cooking use a slotted spoon to remove them from the baking dish and strain on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess fat.
- Allow the potatoes and bacon to cool slightly then add them to a bowl with the sour cream and mustard.
- Toss the potatoes and bacon in the dressing.
- Add the green onions and cherry tomatoes and toss again.
- Serve alongside your favorite BBQ dish.